ProvSec 2017 - Call for Paper (.doc)
ProvSec 2017 - Call for Paper (.pdf)
Provable security is an important research area in modern cryptography. Cryptographic primitives or protocols without a rigorous proof cannot be regarded as secure in practice. In fact, there are many schemes that were originally thought as secure but eventually broken, which clearly indicates the need of formal security assurance. With provable security, we are confident in using cryptographic schemes and protocols in various real-world applications. Meanwhile, schemes with provable security sometimes give only theoretical feasibility rather than a practical construction, and correctness of the proofs may be difficult to verify. ProvSec conference thus provides a platform for researchers, scholars and practitioners to exchange new ideas for solving these problems in the provable security area.
All aspects of provable security for cryptographic primitives or protocols, include but are not limited to the following areas:
* Asymmetric provably secure cryptography
* Cryptographic primitives
* Lattice-based security reductions
* Leakage-resilient cryptography
* Pairing-based provably secure cryptography
* Privacy and anonymity technologies
* Provable secure hash functions
* Provable security of key management
* Secure cryptographic protocols and applications
* Security notions, approaches, and paradigms
* Steganography and steganalysis
* Symmetric provably secure cryptography
Publication and Awards:
The conference proceedings will be published by Springer-Verlag in the Lecture Notes in Computer Science series (see www.springer.com/lncs). The best paper(s) and best student paper(s) will be selected and awarded a prize.
We are discussing with some journals for special issues of selected papers published in ProvSec 2017. More details will be announced later.
Paper submission deadline: June 3, 2017; June 17, 2017(UTC 24:00)
Notification of acceptance: August 3, 2017
Camera ready deadline: August 14, 2017
Conference date: October 23-25, 2017